Tuesday, August 6, 2013

What's for Dinner - Tuesday Edition

I have been wanting to try this dish called Italian Wonderpot that I found on Budget Bytes for about a week now. And I finally got around to it tonight.

Just starting to boil


To make it you'll need:
Ingredients
  • 4 cups vegetable broth 
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil 
  • 12 oz. fettuccine 
  • 8 oz. frozen chopped spinach 
  • 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes 
  • 1 medium onion 
  • 4 cloves garlic 
  • ½ Tbsp dried basil 
  • ½ Tbsp dried oregano 
  • ¼ tsp red pepper flakes 
  • freshly cracked pepper to taste 
  • 2 oz. feta cheese 
Ingredients List source: Budget Bytes

Only changes I made was to us a whole box of fettuccine (16 ozs vas 12 ozs), minced garlic instead of cloves (2 tsp = 4 cloves) and a pinch of shredded mozzarella on top instead of feta. For the full recipe and instructions click here.

It was super simple, smelled wonderful and tasted absolutely amazing. I admit though I typically prefer a thicker sauce and was worried I wouldn't be into this since it isn't very saucy. Boy was I wrong. The flavor was packed into the pasta and tomatoes. Even the kiddos who have been stubbing there noses at spaghetti lately LOVED it. Blake even asked for seconds.

The Finished Product


It cost me less then $7 to make, serves 6 and was only 453 calories according to My Fitness Pal.

So... Go ahead. Try it. And come back and tell me how much you loved it too.







No comments:

Post a Comment