Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Leaps and bounds

A week ago we were sitting in the NICU with two babies on CPAP. Tonight both of our angels are on the HiFlo Cannula. (Addison is currently on a rotation of HiFlo for 6 hours at 3 liters and then CPAP +4 for 3 hours. Blake is on 1 liter of HiFlo continuously. And both are doing fabulous.)

We are now also attempting "real" feedings with Blake once a day. The first two attempts were not so great, the third was AMAZING and he took 1/3 of his feed from a bottle and then today was not so hot, but we are working on it.

They are both now on "manual" isoletes and able to wear clothes.... all of that being said I dont know what excites me more. Last week I went from feeling like things were at a stand still, to over the weekend seeing and feeling like things just snowballed and took off. I know for sure these babies will be home in no time at all.

That is literally the short version but I will leave you with pictures showing all the progress...

I love this pic of Addison...melts my heart

Outfit courtesy of Nana

Her first outfit...from Mommy and Daddy.

Loving her sleeper from Grammy and Pop Pop

Very true statement ;-)

Grandmom (Nana's) little guy!


Monkey Love from Grammy and Pop Pop

And of course his first outfit...from Mommy and Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment