Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Counting blessings and the people in my life...

We are so blessed to have such great people in our lives. One of the people who I know I am beyond blessed to have in my life is my Grandmother, otherwise known as Mom-mom. Growing up she was (and still is) my very best friend. She loves me unconditionally, always gives the best advice, and very very rarely has a harsh word to say about ANYONE, and if you made it on to her bad side, well then you really screwed up somewhere.

I remember as a child spending my days at her house playing, dancing to "Achy Breaky Heart" (thank goodness nobody caught that on film), she also roller bladed with me (OK so she might have just held my hand while I skated, but she was so scared I would fall and we'd both be in trouble.) She always had time to play and her chores always got done. To say I've learned a lot from her would be an understatement. To me she is the ideal of what the all American housewife should be.

Addison and Blake both love her very very much, and we already know she will be Addison's partner in crime. You can clearly see the bond she has with her already, that very same bond she shares with me. I love that she is always teaching them nursery rhythms (she taught Blake "Patty Cake") and showing them how to do new things. It's like she just knows what to do. The babies benefit tremendously from having her in their lives.

I should also mention she was the one there with me alot when I was on bed rest. Laundry, cleaning, you name it she would do it. She is great to Jake too, and the fact that he appreciates her is one more reason why I love them both. They were such a great team to have on my side when I could do ANYTHING myself. I am so lucky that she has always been able to be there for me throughout my life. She's done it for all her grandchildren.

Tonight I was once again reminded of just how awesome she is... while she was here visiting me and the twins, low and behold Mom-mom got down on the floor and started playing with the babies. I admit I was beyond overwhelmed at the sight. Blessed indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment