Saturday, December 31, 2011

A year ago today...

Jake and I were celebrating the New Year at our friends house. Three of us were pregnant, one due in January (and we spent the night counting her contractions off and on), myself and our other friend, due a few weeks apart. Little did we know just how much our lives were about to change in just a few shorts weeks...

By the time my BF gave birth I was on strick bedrest and knew that our chances for premature delivery were great.

Tonight we were invited back to celebrate with the same group of friends, and I have to admit, it's a bittersweet feeling. Especially thinking of our other friend who suffered a great loss just a month or so after the twins arrived early.

Funny how things things still hit you a year later...

Saying a prayer tonight for our buddy in heaven looking down, and his mommy & daddy. Thanking God for all we've got and for some of the greatest friends a girl could ask for...

To the two ladies who may read this and know it's about them... I love you both so much and you both hold a special place in my heart. The strength, courage and support you've both shown in the past year is amazing. I am glad we've been brought together and wish you both the best year to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment