Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mommy's always right. (Well most of the time.)

Notice Blake's "Pink Eye"
So the other night while visiting the babies, I noticed baby boy's right eye was red and swollen. I mentioned it to the nurse practitioner and she said she would keep and eye on it. Her thoughts were that it was just a positional thing from the CPAP and laying on that side...well guess what, poor thing has STAFF in his eye :-( The good news though is that its "normal flora" meaning it's not anything serious. But I still feel bad for the little guy. They are starting him on eye drops as a precaution. At least they listened and didn't just write me off as an over protective mommy.

The real love of his life.

In other news both babies are developing mild reflux, but we have discovered that if Blake is held upright during feedings and not really wiggled around for a while after, he is much better off and doesn't have any Brady episodes. Addison unfortunately is on continuous feeds at the moment so it's impossible to hold her all the time (although I would enjoy that.)

Daddy got his first smile from the little angel today, and I am pretty sure it brought tears to his eyes. It's amazing how complete we feel just sitting there holding the babies. (I can't wait to have them home.) I also can't wait to have them off the damn CPAP, they both hate it especially the prongs, they tolerate the masks much more but they have to rotate to help prevent their nose/face from permenat indentations.

And now I will leave you with a few pictures of the little hams.



Addison


Addison


Blake


Blake


No comments:

Post a Comment