Monday, July 30, 2012

Milestone Monday...

What's New:

Blake now knows "Thank You" and he is putting words together like "More Cookies" or "More Milk" , he is also walking ALOT more. He can do the distance from the door to car without my help.

Addison is starting to say more words, consistantly. Eating has been pretty hit or miss. Today she also had part of her Early Intervention Eval....it did not go nearly as well as I hoped. I admit, I let it get me down. She is currently 17 1/2 months (actual)  / 14 1/2 (adjusted) she is measuring at 11-12 months in fine motor skills. (Fine motor skill is the coordination of small muscle movements which occur in body parts such as the fingers, usually in coordination with the eyes. In relation to motor skills of hands and fingers, the term dexterity is commonly used. / Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fine_motor_skill).

Looking at her adjusted age, it's not that far off, it's not even "that bad" for her actual age. But looking at her actual age, it's a tough pill to swallow. It's hard not to compare her to Blake and looking at her side by side with him, I don't see where she is that far behind him. At the end of the day, it's one person's view on her development and, heck it's a lot better then what we thought we were looking at. AND let's not forget, she has continued to grow and develop which is HUGE. I mean hello, let me remember this is my baby who wasn't supposed to make it! And she did... and she is THRIVING, and closing the gap between where she should be and where she actually is. I have no doubt that she will get there in time. That doesn't always make it easier though.

I can't wait to see what they both learn to do or say next....

No comments:

Post a Comment