Friday, July 20, 2012

Preemie Resources

Support is important in life. Support from people who truly understand what you are going through is absolutely golden. When you are going thru tough times, just hearing someone say "I have been there" makes a world of difference.

Long before A & B were even conceived  I turned to an online community of women who were in my shoes. It started with a group of women in the throws of Infertility and progressed in to a group of unique moms. Mom's of preemies. I don't know what I would have done for the past 18 months without these ladies. They have made me laugh, shared tears, picked me up and brought me back down to life. 

Recently we have formed a close knit group, all of us with preemies around the same age/milestones, etc. From this a few of the mommas started a blog where we could all share our stories and experiences in hope of  helping other families going through the same thing and recently they launched a Facebook page as well. I am lucky enough to be a small part of that.

So, I wanted to take a moment and share this with all my blog readers. Please visit us on Facebook and "Like" us (even if you don't have a preemie, we want to provide resources to all the friends and loved ones of preemies too.) Each day we feature a QOTD where you can gain some insight into our worlds and things you can do for a preemie family. Check back often as we expand and add new features too!  ww.facebook.com/PreemieResources

And if you have a few minutes visit the blog as well. Here you'll learn about each of our amazing preemies, how they came into this world, and how they are doing now. As well as other resources that you may find helpful. www.preemiemomblog.blogspot.com

Make sure to share both of these pages with your friends as well. Chances are someone you know also knows a preemie parent, friend or family member who can benefit from all of this. I can tell you first hand that find local resources and support is very hard and can be nonexistent. What these ladies have started can fill that gap and lead to more awareness too.

In addition to all of this, I am currently branching out and looking into organizing a local support group for NICU moms, and preemie moms with little ones at home. This is something I have been wanting to do since the babies came home, and I feel like I am finally in a place where I can do this and make a difference. All of this is a small step towards making a difference in someone's life and making more resources readily available.

No comments:

Post a Comment