Friday, July 20, 2012

Rainy Day Friday

It's been so unbelievable hot here lately and we desperately needed the rain to cool things off so I am trying not to complain about the rainy day (that's allowing me to stay inside and avoid the grocery shopping that I really don't want to do) that is keeping us to from doing all the fun things I had planned.

So we started off this rainy day with an extra special Friday treat... BREAKFAST PICNIC in the living room. We enjoyed pancakes, eggs with cheese, yogurt and milk. Blake ate like a champ and Addison was was actually excited to try a few bites of yogurt. I think we may even try that again when they can sit still long enough next Friday.


After breakfast we played for a little bit and practiced our walking (Blake) and putting blocks in a bucket.

We are currently in the middle of a teething nightmare here so a lot of times things are short lived. Addison's molars are coming in and they are making her aboslutly miserable, poor girl. So it didnt' take long before she crawled over to the couch and said "Up" for me to cuddle with her. We cuddled while Blake clung to my leg trying to convince me that he needed to cuddle more and to put Addison down.




 As far as milestones go, these two are all over the place and in to everything. It's exciting and tiring at the same time. Blake is now independently walking while Addison is cruising and taking steps with her push toys. Last weekend Jake and I sat around and laughed hysterically watching Addison and Blake taking turns pushing each other on the dump truck and giggling. And then on Tuesday I got the shock of my life. I was in the shower and the babies were downstairs playing with Jake. He came upstairs to put away laundry and little did either of us know Blake had followed him and decided to come tug on the shower curtain. He busted through the baby gate and came right on up. Note to self: shower before they wake up or during nap time from now on. They cannot be trusted.


Now it's part of their routine, nap time, bedtime and even sometimes in between. They enjoy climbing the stairs and going where ever they please. Their new found independence is pretty amazing, and bittersweet at the same time. They are growing up way too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment