Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Our GREAT Staycation - Summer 2012 Edition

Summer is coming to a close. We had originally planned to spend 4 days at the beach, then something came up and we decided to take it a day at a time and do little things. We are lucky to live in close proximity to the beach though so at the last minute we decided we would drive down and do one overnight and then come home.

Saturday we took a lazy day and then went out for a few drinks with our friend (J). More like the boys drank and momma sipped on soda, but what counts is we had a good time and it was nice to get out for a few hours. We came home to sleeping babies and all was well.

Sunday we all went to a baby shower celebration for my niece (B). Most of my older siblings were there, it was nice to see everyone and I even got a pic of all of us with the twins.



And Monday was our beach day.... I had an appointment midmorning but we left shortly after that to drive down. First thing we did after we checked in was hit up the boardwalk. And took some pictures on the beach.

I think these two are probably my absolute favorite!




After hanging on the beach we grabbed dinner at our fav pizza place, DoughRoller. Blake takes food seriously, he was scouring the menu for his dinner.

Addison entertained us with a game of peek-a-boo.


And then we had ice cream... Addison actually stuck her tongue out and licked it.
She also ate funnel cake (as in chewed and swallowed!)


Packing up at the hotel....

I tried to grab a picture similar to last year, but no luck.

And this one because how cute is she?



We have one more day (a day of rest and laundry) with Daddy then it's back to the grind. I think it's safe to say we are all going to miss him while he is working. I am glad we got this time together though and had a nice break. Now if only I could sleep in tomorrow morning ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment