Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Random Ramblings...

Taking a moment to color with Mommy.


Ever had one of those moments where you feel like your head is spinning, you have so much on your mind and you can barely tread water... Yup, that's where I am at today (ok so maybe that's where I have been at for the past week and a half BUT...) none the less, I feel lost right now. Things just feel so out of sorts around her and I lack the energy and motivation to pull myself together and get back on track.

Because we've all been sick, I haven't been to the gym. Which means I have not had any "me" time, and it's completely effected my inner peace. It also did not help that the gym called me less then a week from the last time I went and was all "Giiiiiiiirl Where you been? We miss you?" In my mind I was like "cleaning up puke and I really don't have time to chat right now," but I was civil yet still annoyed. I think it's nice that they called but um really, it's only been a few days really. (AND NO I AM NOT INTERESTED IN PAYING FOR A PERSONAL TRAINER RIGHT NOW THANKS! I DON'T NEED THE REMINDER THAT I MIGHT ACTUALLY NEED ONE BECAUSE I AM FAT.)

Jake's work hours have been pretty crappy and he's been on call which means that it's been Mommy 24-7. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change it for the world, but Mommy needs a break, just a few seconds to myself where I am not cleaning up a mess or wiping a nose or giving meds or any of that. Not to mention there are a million other things that need to get done around the house, and I just feel like I cannot keep up. The reality is that aside from the needed Mommy Moment, things aren't that bad. They just "feel" that bad. I know you understand what I am saying.

I am grateful that I did have a day or two of help from family which allowed me to get caught up on laundry, and sanitizing, and it does seem that in spite of Mr. Blake now having RSV, we are indeed finally on the mend. Which means as soon as Mommy catches up on some much needed sleep, we should be back to our regular routines.



This is basically how he has been for a week now. :(

One really exciting thing is that Addison is back to eating again. She seems like she is doing better then before she got sick, and just so grown up about it. I cannot stand it. I was watching her and Blake the other day and just thinking, my babies are all grown up. I don't know when it happened, but they are such big kids now. I cannot stand it. It never ceases to amaze me.
Yummy Strawberries
Addison eating some yummy strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment