Saturday, April 20, 2013

Cleaning 101

This was too funny not to share. I am not sure how to feel about it, they are a.) sending me hints or b.) trying to help. I'll let you decide. Either way, I opened the bathroom do to find this...


I should also note that each of those things were located in 3 different places. So they made a point to locate all three and take them to the bathroom. I also spared you the picture of the toilet brush IN the toilet bowl. I've now ordered three toilet seat locks. 

On a totally unrelated note: Addison and I had a girls day today with my good friend J (one of the two friends that live in the same state hahaha), while the boys played at home. When I came home I asked Blake if he had fun doing boy things. I was then informed "I so embarrassed Momma." I did not push the issue further. I am not sure I want to know.

That being said - Blake would like to show you his fish face...


Addison update: She hasn't had any Tylenol or Motrin today and other then an occasional fuss, she is doing good. We are noticing she is having MORE trouble walking (balancing)  then usual and I notice her focusing on things more intently but her eyes are straighter (though this picture does not do it justice). And the redness is fading believe it or not.

The hope is that as she adjusts to having binocular vision her balance and everything else will improve. It's just her learning to see the world the "right" way. We'll see how she is in a week or two but I am interested to see how much her vision is/has impacted things. I also feel bad that the poor kiddo had singular vision all this time where her brain would sort of toggle back and forth only using one eye at a time to see. It's likely that her vision is the leading culprit behind her balance and struggle to do things like stack blocks and such.

Here she is enjoying an apple. And yes she is sitting on the kitchen counter. She actually helped herself to the apple and a cup of water. (I sat her on the counter while I was standing there, I didn't leave her side so no worries - there was no risk of falling.)


Today is also my Grandmother's birthday... She told us she just turned 20 this year lol. So happy birthday to Mom-Mom. I am so glad to have her in my life.

Tomorrow is church, (we are officially joining our church next weekend - so excited about that) and resting. Therapy on Monday and of course Jake is back to work then too. Wish me luck, it seems like the past few days have just flown by here and I think I might actually miss his company. I feel like some days we just don't get enough time.

What have you been up to this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I didn't realize all that stuff came from different rooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah...It was very well planned out in their little minds lol.

      Delete