Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday Date Night...

Keeping with our resolution to spend time together, it's date night!

Pizza, milkshakes and a movie.

I had a coupon for a free pizza from Papa John's so I used it.

Rented a Redbox movie, - "The Grey" with Liam Nelson, www.thegreymovie.com, "The Grey is a 2012 American adventure drama film co-written and directed by Joe Carnahan and starring Liam Nelson, Frank Grillo and Dermont Mulroney. It is based on the short story Ghost Walker by Ian Mackenzie Jeffers, who also co-wrote the screeplay with Carnahan. The story follows a number of oil-men stranded in Alaska after a plane crash, who are forced to survive using little more than their wits, as a pack of gray wolves stalk them amidst nercilessly cold weather."  (from Wikipedia)


Jake's pick not mine. I'll let you know how I feel about it next week lol...

Hit up the drive thru for milkshakes, and came home to first enjoy our double date. Picnic in the living room and watching "Sophia the First" on Disney. They are finishing up an episode of Mickey's Clubhouse then it's "teeth and night" (these two keep me on track, to the top of the steps they climb and exclaim "My teeeeth" and run into the bathroom). Then Mommy & Daddy will indulge in their movie and a semi early bed time (any time before midnight is huge around here).
Blake's 1st milkshake!


Ignore the sweet potato spot on her shirt...  She loves her milkshake too!!


Crappy iPhone self portrait... Family time cuddles!

Last week's movie - "Trouble with the Curve" was about a retiring baseball scout who ends up with his daughter tagging along for his last trip. Featured Clint Eastwood and Justin Timberlake (now you know why this got my vote), I hoped I wouldn't be disappointed with a movie solely about baseball, and I wasn't. It featured a decent love story plot (without being too "chick flick) and a shirtless JT. Jake even commented that it was a pretty decent movie. 

I am actually looking forward to spending this time together and I was shocked when Jake even remembered and commented "It's date night", too. So without further delay, it's time I end this post and get ready for the movie. Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment