Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Thankful Thursday...

Today I am thankful that we found a church that seems like a good fit for our family. We went to our very first church service since moving and we met a lot of amazing people just like us. There was a great mix of elders and younger couples, as well as families with children. I am excited to make it back again this weekend and incorporate church back in to a regular part of our lives.

I have great memories of church on Sundays as a child and the things I learned. I still remember my first Sunday School Teacher Miss Nancy and how she taught us "Away in a Manger" and I want that experience for our children. Something just warms my heart when I think about attending church and coming home to a nice family meal. It's just a small part of my idea of the American Dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment